Thursday, May 9, 2013

SPAIN!


Spain. A country located on the right of the Atlantic Ocean in Europe. It is a peninsula sharing its land with Portugal. Its history is endless and its a divine country to visit. That is why I decided to study abroad one summer while in college. I wanted to travel and visit a new place and therefore I did.  Its beauty was breathtaking and I experienced it for myself.  I studied in the University of Leon, in the center of Languages where I took classes and was enriched in the culture and history of Spain. I was immersed into the culture immediately. I stayed with a welcoming family that treated me like one of their own and learned all great new things. I traveled to different cities such as Madrid, Barcelona, Leon, Galicia, Salamanca, and much more. I learned that in Spain many different customs were practiced in smaller cities rather than in the larger cities.
It was evident that this place was rich in culture and unique in itself. I knew that one day I would want to return for pleasure. It reminded me of the beautiful poems and stories I read in my college years and I was able to experience the country and picturesque views for myself. One day I will return Spain! 
Vocabulary:
peninsula - land that has water around its sides
breathtaking - something that is very beautiful
enriched - filled with great things
evident  - clear
immersed - included in
customs-a practice that is repeated
picturesque - a beautiful image

Vocabulary Activity:
Across
4. included in
5. something that is very beautiful
6. a practice that is repeated
7. filled with great things
Down
1. a beautiful image
2. land that has water around its sides
3. clear

Grammar Point:
 The past tense is a grammatical tense whose principal function is to place an action or situation in past time. The past tense has its regular verbs and irregular verbs. In English, it can become confusing in knowing which verbs are conjugated regularly or irregularly. Notice the different uses of the past tense above. 

Grammar Activity: 
Write a short diary entry about a place in your native country that you truly miss. Write it using at least 10 past tense verbs. Include your favorite locations. Include a picture or drawing.


2 comments:

  1. I want to go to Spain so bad. This post makes me want to go even more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting photo of the flower pots! I also like the grammar activity very much.

    ReplyDelete